Wednesday, March 25, 2009

〈YOU'VE GOT TO DO MORE THAN THAT〉

You've got to do more than that (2)
For sympathising is all very well
But You've got to do more than that
I think when I see all those picture about
Of children without any food
How hard it must be for their mothers at home
Who just don't know what to do
With children so thin and their ribs sticking out
Atremble to think what starvation is like
And I do try to sympathise

The men with the truncheons and helmets are out
They're chartging to break up a mob
Of people whose skins are just coloured a bit
And all they want is a job
It's only for whites that's the sign they put up
But it is'nt really their land
Equality is such a diffcult word
But I do try to understand

You've got to do more than that (2)
For understanding is all very well
But You've got to do more than that

2 comments:

  1. I heard this song many many years ago and the melody still in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few typos in the first verse:
    I think when I see all those pictures about
    Of children without any food
    How hard it must be for their mothers at home
    Who just don’t know what to do
    With children so thin and their ribs sticking out
    A terrible plea in their eyes
    I tremble to think what starvation is like
    But I do try to sympathise
    You’ve got to do more than that
    You’ve got to do more than that
    For sympathizing is all very well
    But you’ve got to do more than that

    ReplyDelete